This page outlines how donations are processed via the Reason2Race (R2R) fundraising campaigns.
How Donations are Received
- Fundraisers email, Facebook, Tweet and share donation campaigns with family and friends
- Donors click the Sponsor Me or Make a Donation Button button to donate to a fundraiser’s cause
- Donations are collected by R2R on behalf of Nonprofit Partners
- Once an online donation is submitted, R2R sends an automatic email acknowledgement to the donor for tax purposes*
- The receipt is designed as if delivered from the nonprofit. It contains the nonprofit logo, address and Tax ID number and a message thanking donors for their gift.
How Donor Data is Managed & How Funds are Distributed
- The first week of each month, R2R generates a donation report and notifies Nonprofit Partners that reports are ready for download
- Donation reports include all online and offline donations received for the prior month
- The first week of each month, via ACH R2R issues donation payments for the previous month to Nonprofit Partners. Payments include all online donations minus the processing fee.
- Reports include all donor information such as first name, last name, mailing address, email address and donation amount.
- Reports include data on both online and offline donations.
- Reports are formatted for easy upload into a nonprofit’s donor management system
- Nonprofit administrators can log into their R2R administrator account at any time to review and download donor information. See Payments tab.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 713-322-7122 with any questions.
*Nonprofit Partners are responsible for sending receipts to donors for offline (cash and check) donations.