BCM BeWell Charity Challenge
Fund Raising Goal – $50,000
Baylor College of Medicine is committed to making our world and our community a better place; therefore we developed the Baylor College of Medicine Charity Challenge. The program is designed for our staff and students to not only do a team building, health related event, but to participate in giving back to our community.
Walk or run a 1K, 5K, 10K or Half Marathon event in honor of your favorite cause. As you journey to the finish line, you get to be accountable to something bigger, the success of our nonprofit community. Let spreading awareness and raising funds for your charity motivate you to reach your personal health goals.
While you can run/walk for any 501(c)3 nonprofit, we invite you to consider one of these.
How the Charity Challenge Works
- Follow the 3 STEPS below to take the challenge (for applicable event)
- Participation is voluntary
- You can walk/run for a spotlight or any cause.
- There is no minimum fundraising requirement to participate
- We encourage you to set a high goal, at least $1,000
- We encourage you to only fundraise at one event per year, yet you can participate in as many events as you’d like
- If you are doing multiple events, set up your fundraising page for the latest event
- Top 5 fundraisers win $1,500 in bonus donations (see donation program here)
- [1st place wins $500, 2nd=$400, 3rd=$300, 4th=$200, 5th=$100]
- Earn BeWell Vitality Points and BCM Life Points for each event you complete
- Fundraising tips will be provided
- Add fun & motivation to reaching your finish line when doing it for others!
The 2022 Run Houston! Race Series series finisher medals and swag
STEP 1: Register for an event (on site or virtual) with BCM email address.
01/08/2023 Register Here | 03/26/2023 Register Here | 05/2023 (Not Open) | 09/2023 (Not Open) |12/2023 (Not Open)
2/11/2023 Katy | 04/2022 Vintage Park (Not Open) | 11/13/2022 Cypress Register Here
STEP 2: Set up a donation page for your favorite cause on the Race Event site
Pick a spotlight nonprofit above, or pick ANY 501c3 nonprofit. Email us here to run for your nonprofit
STEP 3: Share your page with friends, family and colleagues
We have easy to follow resources to support your fundraising success. See sample email plan here | See fundraiser resources here
For program questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For donation page or nonprofit questions, please contact Gabrielle Baumeyer at 713-322-7150 or email@example.com.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the BCM Charity Challenge Newsletter.